Sunday, July 19, 2015

Mother - Daughter Talk . . . .


Yesterday my daughter e-mailed me again, asking why I didn't do something useful with my time.
 
“Like sitting around the pool and drinking wine is not a good thing?” I asked.
 
Her talking about my "doing-something-useful" seems to be her favorite topic of conversation.
She was "only thinking of me", she said and suggested that I go down to the Senior Center and hang out with the gals.
 
I did this and when I got home last night, I decided to play a prank on her.
 
I e-mailed her and told her that I had joined a Parachute Club.
 
She replied, "Are you nuts? You are 78 years old and now you're going to start jumping out of airplanes?"
 
I told her that I even got a Membership Card and e-mailed a copy to her.
 
She immediately telephoned me and yelled, "Good grief, Mom, where are your glasses?!
 
This is a Membership to a Prostitute Club, not a Parachute Club."
 
"Oh man, I'm in trouble again,” I said, “I really don't know what to do.   I signed up for five jumps a week!!"
 
The line went quiet and her friend picked up the phone and said that my daughter had fainted.
 
Thanks Dan

10 comments:

  1. LOL, I want to be that woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least, she'll have a little pin money and something to smile about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahahahahahaha. Well perhaps that's the end of your suggestions. We can hope.

    I linked you to Silly Sunday.

    Have a fabulous day Odie. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was a brilliant gesture LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brighid, so do I ... what's that say about me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. edutcher, two great reasons to go pro.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandee, thank you. I really need to organize my life and get around here more.

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.