Friday, September 3, 2010

Daddy Long Legs

Stories about children and their views 
of the world are always touching.
A father watched his young daughter playing in the garden. 
He smiled as he reflected on how sweet and pure his 
little girl was. Tears formed in his eyes as he thought about 
her seeing the wonders of nature through such innocent eyes.

Suddenly she just stopped and stared at the ground. 
He went over to her to see what work of God
had captured her attention.
He noticed she was looking at two spiders mating.
 
'Daddy, what are those two spiders doing?' she asked.  
'They're mating,' her father replied.

'What do you call the spider on top?' she asked. 
'A Daddy Long legs,' her father answered.  So, the other one is a 
Mommy Long legs?' the little girl asked.

As his heart soared with the joy of such a cute and innocent 
question he replied, 'No dear. Both of them are 
Daddy Long legs.'

The little girl, looking a little puzzled, thought for a moment,
then lifted her foot and stomped them flat.

"Well," she said, "that may be OK in California, 
but we're not having any of that crap in Texas!"

Hat Tip to Allison at A Daily Laugh

13 comments:

  1. Odie, a howler; hit of the office here this morning!

    (By the way, I stole your Carly button for my site. The war on Babs Box-o-Rocks starts today for me.)

    ~TWP

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one was worth calling the wire over to read. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TWP, glad the office likes it.

    Steal away ... I stole it from her, but I put a link to her on it. I don't think she'll mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. innominatus, Out of the mouths of babes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO Odie!!!!!!!!

    Makes me think it was an actual story from Carrie Prejeans' childhood.

    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ROFL -- oh, how close to the mark it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LL, I knew when I posted this, you would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhhh, kiddies say the truest things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bunni, you have to watch out for them little tykes. They'll squash you like a bug.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one made me giggle. A lot. I'm sharing this one with everyone I know. (Well, except for my students who are illiterate and/or do not have a sense of humor.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Euripides, Well I hope, by the end of the semester, you can correct that problem with your students.

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.