Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Car Keys . . . .


After a meeting several days ago,
I couldn't find my keys. I quickly gave myself a
personal "TSA Pat Down." They weren't in my pockets.
Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car.
Frantically, I headed for the parking lot.   
Mrs. Woodsterman has scolded me many
times for leaving my keys in the car's 
ignition. She's afraid that the car
could be stolen. As I looked around the parking lot, I
realized she was right. The parking lot was empty. I
immediately called the police. I gave them my location,
confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it
had been stolen.   Then I made the most difficult
call of all to my wife: "I left my keys in the car
and it's been stolen."   There was a moment of silence. I
thought the call had been disconnected, but then I heard her
voice. "Are you kidding me?"  She barked, "I dropped you
off!"   Now it was my turn to be silent.
Embarrassed, I said, "Well,
come and get me."  She retorted, "I will, as
soon as I convince this cop that I didn't steal your
damn car!"   

Welcome to the golden years..............

Thanks Hal

26 comments:

  1. With old age come new skills. You can laugh, sneeze, cough and pee all at the same time. Golden years indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha sounds like yours truly lmhooo !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that the police up where you lived (in a crime free zone) only delivered ice to parties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can actually imagine hubby doing that. Me? Not so much. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curmudgeon, Have you been watching me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. LL, mostly that's true, but sometimes they have to rescue old people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bwahahahahahaha. Well this happens more than we know. Golden years my behind.

    Have a fabulous day Odie. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doubt there will be a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure I would have remembered if something like that had happened to me.

    What were we talking about again?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That conversation is all too familiar...

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL I hope she's a good convincer LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lost my watch for three days. It was on the floor next to my favorite chair....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like something my hubby would do. Something about early onset...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Steve, I don't get I ride until she is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. sig94, was that after too many cocktails?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Curmudgeon is right, I've learned in my old age to just admit, and then move on. It is sometimes difficult when the cook is laughing so hard, he pees in his pants. I now consider every day Monday and hope for the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Searched all over the house for my reading glasses one day, finally asked the aide if she had seen them. She pointed to the top of my head, and doubled over laughing...sigh

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brighid, my shop is my downfall. I'll consciously put something where I KNOW I'll find it again, then spend an hour looking for it later.

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.