Sunday, May 17, 2015

Just Pondering . . . .



Idle Thoughts Wandering  through a Retiree's Mind
  



I had amnesia once --- maybe twice.

I went to San Francisco .
I found someone's heart. Now what?

Protons have mass?
I didn't even know they were Catholic.

All I ask is a chance to prove that 
money can't make me happy.

If the world were a logical place,
men would be the ones who 
ride horses sidesaddle.

What is a "free" gift?
Aren't all gifts free?

They told me I was gullible
and I believed them.

Teach a child to be polite and 
courteous in the home and, 
when he grows up, he'll never be able
 to merge his car onto the freeway.

Experience is the thing you have left 
when everything else is gone.

One nice thing about egotists:
they don't talk about other people.

My weight is perfect for my height--
which varies.

I used to be indecisive.
Now I'm not sure.

How can there be self-help "groups"?

If swimming is so good for your figure,
 how do you explain whales?

Show me a man with both feet firmly on the ground, 
and I'll show you a man who can't get his pants off.

Is it me -- or
do buffalo wings taste like chicken?

Thanks Hal

18 comments:

  1. "If the world were a logical place,
    men would be the ones who
    ride horses sidesaddle."

    good one

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Idle" thoughts, Odie? You do know that 'idle' implies that at some point, the thoughts actually go into drive some time, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOODSTUFF, It has to be good to make it through our quality control.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've thought about that, too.

    Didn't I?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahahah! I want to casually interject a few of these to my wife and kids, but they already think I'm senile. O_o

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not gullible for I fully understand the meaning of what you comprehend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the laugh

    ReplyDelete
  8. LL, must be so, because I'm still asking them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gruntofmontecristo, sounds like you have nothing to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And those are great things to ponder too.

    Have a fabulous day Odie. :)

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.