Saturday, May 23, 2015

Church's Teachings ~OR~ Rule 5 Woodsterman Style


As I walked down a busy street, knowing I was 
late for Mass, my eye fell upon one of those unfortunate, 
homeless vagabonds (you know, tattered clothing, 
long hair etc)that are found in every town these days.

Some people turned to stare. Others quickly looked 
away as if the sight would somehow contaminate them...

Recalling my old parish priest, Father Mike, who 
always admonished me to 'care for the sick, feed 
the hungry and clothe the naked,' I was moved by 
some powerful inner urge to reach out 
to this unfortunate person.

Wearing what can only be described as rags, 
carrying every worldly possession in two plastic bags, 
my heart was touched by this person's condition.

Yes, where some people saw only rags, 
I saw a true, hidden beauty.

A small voice inside my head called out, 
'Reach out, reach out and touch this person!'



So I did...

I won't be at Mass this week...

Thanks Dan

Other Religious Rule 5 ers:
 

10 comments:

  1. Bwahahahahahahaha. Yes, I can see how christian you were. Bwahahahahahahaha.

    Have a fabulous day Odie. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. First good laugh all month. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No good deed goes unpunished...in this case it would likely be handled by Mrs. Woodsterman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. michael worst, I hope you don't mean the first here. Glad you found this place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LL, shhh ... I don't always tell her everything, but the hospital bed was a bit hard to explain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Discretion is always the better part of valor.

    And charity, too, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!' It was the Golden Rule, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.