Friday, November 11, 2016

Today Woodsterman Celebrates Veterans Day


Happy Veterans Day to all of my fellow Veterans!

The folks in Washington are trying to dampen our
spirits, but those participating trophy holders just
aren't able to do it. President Trump will right the
injustices done to active service men and women,
and veterans alike. The VA System needs a complete
overhaul, starting at the top and going as far down
as it needs to.

Me: Served, in the Army, in Vietnam from 12/12/68 until 12/12/69.
I was very honored to be asked to serve my country
via the draft notice. It was a great experience, I wouldn't
want to repeat, but I'm glad I went through it. I ended up
becoming the company scrounger and put 20,000 miles
on my favorite deuce and a half, "Sex Pot II". That truck
was named for a girl I was dating at the time. She was a
very prim and proper young lady I used to kid and call
"Sex Pot". 

 
Below is a photo of me on the day we had to bury
my best friend Bill. We were the pallbearers at his
funeral. He was killed during the 1968 Tet Offensive.
OK enough of that guys, let's get out there and knock some participating trophy winning liberal jerks heads together.

VETS, Thank You, and God Bless America!

18 comments:

  1. May you have many more Veterans Days with that grandson.

    You earned them.

    PS Company scrounger, huh? Why does that not surprise me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your service Odie. Thank you to all veterans. God bless America.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. edutcher, thank you Sir! I used to find some great deals ... LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been fortunate to be able to wish you a Happy Veterans Day for quite a few years now. Thank you for your friendship. Thank you for your service. Thank you for your humor.

    I'm a lucky duck because of you. Take care. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curmudgeon, quack quack My Pretty. Thanks for the years of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, you used to ride ol' sex pot pretty hard?
    Thank you for your service, Odie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Proof, as hard as allowed. Thank you Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for that service, Odie. In 1968, you looked like my brother TJ's twin. He was Army, too,but much later, and served in the Gulf War, Kuwait and Korea. That reminds me; I need to call him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grunt, handsome lad I guess. Get to calling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your service neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really enjoy your blog. Best wishes and I hope you had a great Veterans Day.

    Regards,
    A Fellow Veteran

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your service to this great nation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Admiral, back at you and God Bless America.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dang it Odie, I am sorry to be late with this... Thank you for your service to our country! Hugs, Brig

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brig, it's never too late ... Thank You!

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.