Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Charity



A man who worked for the Post Office whose job 
was to process all the mail that had illegible addresses.
One day, a letter came addressed in a shaky handwriting 

to God with a jerkily written address. He thought he 
should open it to see what it was  about.


The letter read:

Dear God,
I am an 83 year  old widow, living on a very small pension. 

Yesterday someone stole my purse. It had $100 in it, which 
was all the money I had until my next pension payment.
Next Sunday is Christmas, and I had invited two of my friends 

over for dinner. Without that money, I have nothing to buy 
food with, have no family to turn to, and you are my only hope...
Can you please help me?

Sincerely, Edna



The postal worker was touched. He showed the letter to 

all the other workers. Each one dug into his or her wallet 
and came up with a few dollars. By the time he made the 
rounds, he had collected $96, which they put into an 
envelope and sent to the woman.
The rest of the day, all the workers felt a warm glow thinking 

of Edna and the dinner she would be able to share with her 
friends. Christmas came and went.
A few days later, another letter came from the same old 

lady to God. All the workers gathered around while the 
letter was opened.


It read:

Dear God,
How  can I ever thank you enough for what you did for me?
Because of your gift of love, I was able to fix a glorious 

dinner for my friends. We had a very nice day and I told 
my friends of your wonderful gift.
By the way, there was $4 missing.
I think it might have been those bastards at the post office.

Sincerely, Edna


Thank You Mr. Trailbee!

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. 2T2, I love it when that happens. I hope the rest of your day stays that way.

      Delete
  2. Bwahahahahahahahahaha. Ouch.

    Have a fabulous day Odie. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. They could have thrown $4.00 worth of postage stamps or a postal money order in the envelope. Cheap bastards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ol ladies can be cranky like that... or so I'm told.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A classic young fella!
    Merry Christmas Odie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MAN, are you cynical...but FUN! :-) Loved it!

    MERRY CHRISTMAS, ODIE~!! xxx Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Z, the Woosterman Staff is all about fun ... MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too!

      Delete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.