Thursday, June 7, 2012

Seniors and Computers

As we Silver SURFERS know, sometimes we have 
trouble with our computers. I  had a problem yesterday, 
so I called Eric, the 11 year old from next door, whose 
bedroom looks like Mission Control and asked him to 
come over.
 
Eric clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.
As he was walking away, I called after him, 'So, what 
was wrong ? 
 
He  replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.'
 
I  didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired,
 
'An, ID ten T error ? What's that? 
In case I need to fix it again.'
 
Eric grinned ...'Haven't  you ever heard of 
an ID ten T error before ?

'No,'  I replied.
 
'Write  it down,'he said,'and I think you'll figure it out.'
So I wrote  down:


ID10T 


I used to like Eric,the little shithead!

22 comments:

  1. Little bastards...I have a few who help me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nasty little guy. I better not tell my adolescent boy this one. He and his friends would laugh themselves silly for days. While trying it out on teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ten year old grandson untangles my computer when it gets mess up by me! Then gives me that "You can't fix stupid" look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I've got some smarty pants kids in this neighborhood too. I've also had that error more than once too. Bwahahahahahaha.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Su vata es un genioso...S'all bueno. Internet speak is harder than Spanish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, some of the young are great with cell phones and computers, but have them point our Europe on a map and they are lost.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Blonde has a similar problem when it comes to technology.

    I attempt to remain diplomatic when offering a solution.

    (Odie, you must know this feeling)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have made a good living from ID10T's. If it wasn't for them, I would be out of the job ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. edutcher, duh which way did the blond go?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Madhat, stop showing off while you're here youngster.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't worry, Odie. You can always find her; she's the one storming out of the room yelling, "It HATES me. I know it HATES me".

    She loves to tell the story of how, the first time she turned on a PC, "It wrote, 'I love you'*, and died. Tech support brought a little gurney to take it away".

    * If you remember the old IBM PS/2s used graphics for system messages.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LMAO! That's great! Smartypants kids.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good one, Odie. I've had that error a few times myself.

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.