Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Depressed

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to 
the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovels, 
mount your asses and camels, and I will lead 
you to the Promised Land."

Nearly 75 years ago, (when Welfare was introduced) 
Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your 
asses, and light up a Camel, 
this is the Promised Land."

Today, Congress has stolen your shovel, taxed 
your asses, raised the price of Camels, and 
mortgaged the Promised Land!  
 
I was so depressed last night thinking about 
health care plans, the economy, the wars, 
lost jobs, savings, Social Security, retirement 
funds, etc. I called a suicide hotline.  
 
I had to press 1 for English. I was connected 
to a call center in Pakistan.  
 
I told them I was suicidal.  
 
They got excited and asked if 
I could drive a truck...
Folks, we're screwed...  

18 comments:

  1. That was brilliant... Sadly true, but brilliant...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too damn true...So you can't drive a truck can you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. P, sad day all around at the crisis center.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant joke. It is a joke, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwahahahahahaha. Why am I laughing? We ARE screwed.

    Have a terrific day Odie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Odie,
    I had to press 1 for English.

    Well, at least you got the English OPTION.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't drive a truck or even ride a camel so like many I'm up $hit Creek without a paddle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least there is a job that I know I can do now...

    Truck driving...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ron, If you do drive that truck, don't let the Mooselimbs load the cargo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LL, trucks work, but don't let the Mooselimbs fill them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truth is stranger than fiction. FYI...Wilson and Roosevelt supported and subsidized the tobacco industry and even put out pro-smoking propaganda via their ad men cronies. We just keep bending over.

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.