Sunday, May 5, 2024

United Gate 14, New York, New York


Airlines gate agent in New York for being smart and funny, while making her point, when confronted with a passenger who probably

deserved to fly as cargo. For all of you out there who have had to

deal with an irate customer, this one is for you.

A crowded United Airlines flight was canceled. A single agent was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travelers.

Suddenly, an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it has to be FIRST CLASS."

The agent replied, "I'm sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these folks first; and then I'm sure we'll be able to work something out."

The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that

the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"

Without hesitating, the agent smiled and grabbed her public address microphone. "May I have your attention, please?", she began, her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal. "We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him with his identity, please come to Gate 14".

With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically,

the man glared at the United Airlines agent, gritted his teeth, and said, "F*** You!"

Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry sir,

you'll have to get in line for that, too."

6 comments:

  1. That is FUNNY. She's better than half the comedians on TV now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a few variations of this joke in the past and think it's quite funny and I can see it could be based on a true-life happening. My comment is directed at mankind conduct at airports and wow has it changed over past 2-3-4 decades. When a young man I remember getting on airports to fly my trip with my handgun seated in holster on me and sat in the smoking section in the back row seats. Humor and good will and polite was the rule of airports and sure as hell not any more. Fuck rude and angry and "get out of my way" and drunks on board planes is all the rage today. Airplane trips anymore just another version of the old Greyhound Bus Stations. I require flight up in front of the bus that my clients pay for so I do have it better but it does not insulate me from the trash people who are also at airport, the bars and onboard. Since I travel out of country at least 5-6-7x year it's mostly not always the same at major foreign airports.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thomas, that's way too much flying for me. The human race, USA, has turned way too rude and needing instant gratification to suit me.

      Delete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.