Floriston Fire Update – Saturday, Sept. 19, 2026
Firefighters held the fire within current containment lines at 622 acres. Containment increased to 35% 1,613 personnel assigned.
Firefighters continue strong progress with mop-up nearing 200 feet around most of the perimeter and containment lines being strengthened where possible. Rock fall and rollout due to extremely steep conditions continues to be an issue on the fire affecting Interstate 80.
Evacuations: All prior warnings have been lifted. A previous evacuation order has been reduced to a warning in the immediate vicinity of the fire (no residents currently in the warning area).
Thank You Cal Fire with all my heart!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.
** Anonymous, please use a name at the end of your comment. You're all starting to look alike.
*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.