Friday, February 1, 2013

The Veterinarian


 One Sunday, in counting the money in the weekly offering, 
the pastor of a
small church found a pink envelope containing $1,000. 
It happened again the next week!

The following Sunday, he watched as the 
offering was collected and saw an
elderly woman put the distinctive pink 
envelope on the plate. This went on for weeks until the pastor, 
overcome by curiosity, approached her.


  "Ma'am, I couldn't help but notice that you put 

$1,000 a week in the

  collection plate," he stated.

"Why, yes," she replied, "every

  week my son sends me money, and I give some of it to the church."
 The pastor replied, "That's wonderful. 
But $1,000 is a lot; are you sure
 you can afford this? 
How much does he send you?"
 The elderly woman answered, "$10,000 a week."
The pastor was amazed. 
"Your son is very successful; 
what does he do for a living?"
"He is a veterinarian," she answered.
"That's an honorable profession, 
but I had no idea they made that much
money," the pastor said. "Where does he practice?"


  The woman answered proudly, "In Nevada
... He has two cat houses, one in Las Vegas ,
and one in Reno"

 Thanks Dan !

26 comments:

  1. Bwahahahahahahaha. I think the pastor just needs to smile and keep that old lady happy.

    Have a terrific day and weekend Odie. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm....I wonder why they call those places "cat houses."

    Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cat business is booming in the Silver State.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cats and funny joke. Love both of them.

    Have a great weekend.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. At which point someone in the congregation dialed 911.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandee, It keeps the old ladies and the men happy. Does this qualify for Feline Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edutcher, no way. They all google mapped Reno and Las Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well aren't you a character?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Herding cats is hard to do, but rewarding if you succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ron, I've been doing it for years. It's very rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! Thanks for the smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness Odie you've done it again!

    I am laughing...wtg...on Feline Friday!

    Happy weekend and are you watching the big game?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jackie, I just can't post a plain Feline Friday. I have to add "Silly".

    I've been a 49er fan 33 years since I moved to Northern California. I've seen a lot of heartbreak and I've seen a lot to cheer about.

    GO 49ers !!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I guess it is about the same principle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Admiral,parts is parts, pieces is pieces, and cats is cats.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Odie,
    ROTFLMFAO2xASLM!!!!!! That's Funny!!!

    'Was at the Reno Air Races a few cases of Beer ago and me and some buds took a ride over to the "Mustang Ranch" for a "Look & See!!" 'Was hangin' in the Bar and this Black Hooker Chick named "Misty" came up and we got ta' talkin'!! She had a smile to die for and a line that would melt cold steel!! 'Was on the verge of gettin' my "Mustang Ride of a Lifetime' when one of the guys i rode out there with said,"Come on' we're leavin'!!" DRAT!!! all I can say Odie,..."Play 'Misty' for me....."
    III%,
    skybill-out

    ReplyDelete
  17. skybill, I've worked the air races many times a few years back, but I've never been to Mustang Ranch. It's only a short drive for me too.

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.