Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Preacher

A South Carolina pastor said to his congregation, 
“Someone in this congregation has spread a rumor 
that I belong to the Ku Klux Klan. This is a horrible 
lie and one which a Christian community cannot 
 tolerate. I am embarrassed and do not intend to 
accept this. Now, I want the party who said this to 
 stand and ask forgiveness from God and this 
Christian family."

No one moved.

The preacher continued, "Do you have the nerve to 
face me and admit this is a falsehood? Remember, 
you will be forgiven and in your heart you will feel
glory. Now stand and confess your transgression."

Again, all was quiet
.
  
Then, slowly, a drop-dead gorgeous beauty with a 
body that would stop a runaway train rose from the 
 third pew. Her head was bowed and her voice 
 quivered as she spoke,  "Reverend there has been a 
terrible misunderstanding. I never said you were a 
 member of the Ku Klux Klan.  I simply told a couple 
of my friends that you were a wizard under the sheets."

14 comments:

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.