Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Engineer's Frog

An engineer was crossing a road one day, 
when a frog called out to him and
said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess." He bent over,
picked up the frog, and put it in his pocket. 
The frog spoke up again and
said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn back into a beautiful princess and stay
with you for one week." The engineer took the frog out of his pocket,
smiled at it and returned it to the pocket. The frog then cried out, "If
you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with you for one
week and do anything you want." Again, the engineer took the frog out,
smiled at it and put it back into his pocket. Finally, the frog asked,
"What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess and that I'll
stay with you for one week and do anything you want. 
Why won't you kiss
me?" The engineer said, "Look, I'm an engineer. 
I don't have time for a
girlfriend, but a talking frog - now that's cool." ****
I'm a member at Worth1000.com, maybe I should go back
there and see what's up.

This story was left here two days ago by our friend
Nominedeus (hat/tip) in my comments.

19 comments:

  1. This story is too close to the truth about engineers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opie, how many frogs can you fit into a pocket protector?

    ReplyDelete
  3. At this point in my life I would pocket the frog. There was a time, however!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nerds -- gotta love them.

    (Check out my response to your response to my last blog entry)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He will regret that decision later .

    ReplyDelete
  6. LL, keep that to yourself. I'll be over shortly. I was over last night with the iPhone, but this much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopsign, yeah, frog poop in the pocket protector.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nominedeus, We notice greatness here at Woodsterman.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Work around them long enough and they begin rub off on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Admiral, sounds like you need to dust off your pocket protector.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That nerdy guy would rather have a talking frog? At least you found one with silicone, Odie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I worked with engineers for many years and this sounds just about right.

    ReplyDelete
  13. P.S. Don't get me wrong...I love engineers. As a matter of fact, I married one. (Does that make me a frog?)

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.