Tuesday, February 10, 2015

An IRS Inquiry


The IRS suspected a fishing boat owner wasn't paying 
proper wages to his deckhand and sent an agent to 
investigate him.

IRS AUDITOR: "I need a list of your employees and 
how much you pay them."

Boat Owner: "Well, there's Clarence, my deckhand, 
he's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $1,000 a week 
plus free room and board. Then there's the mentally 
challenged guy. He works about 18 hours every day 
and does about 90% of the work around here. He makes 
about $10 per week, pays his own room and board, 
and I buy him a bottle of fine Barbados Rum and a 
dozen Budweisers every Saturday night so he can cope 
with life. He also gets to sleep with my wife occasionally."

IRS AUDITOR: "That's the guy I want to 
talk to -- the mentally challenged one."

Boat Owner: "That would be me. 
What would you like to know?"

Thanks David!

9 comments:

  1. Bwahahahahahahahahaha. I kinda saw that coming. Love this Odie.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one Buddy! Heard a similar one many years ago from my father---good to be reminded! Sorry not to get around much, but still a little under the weather----Chemo coming up Thursday. Really looking forward to it. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron, I feel for you Buddy. Best wishes are with you.

      Delete
  3. Being self employed isn't all it's cracked up to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why I fit into that scenario so comfortably...but it's disturbing.

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.