Monday, February 25, 2013

MULE RAFFLE


Mule Trading

Curtis & Leroy saw an ad in the Starkville Daily in 
Starkville , MS. and bought a mule for $100.
The farmer agreed to deliver the mule the next day.
 The next morning the farmer drove up and said,
"Sorry, fellows, I have some bad news, the mule died last night." 
Curtis & Leroy replied,"Well, then just give us our money back." 
The farmer said,"Can't do that. I went and spent it already." 
They said, "OK then, just bring us the dead mule." 
The farmer asked, "What in the world ya'll 
gonna do with a dead mule?"
 Curtis said, "We gonna raffle him off." 
The farmer said, "You can't raffle off a dead mule!" 
Leroy said, "We shore can! Heck, 
we don't hafta tell nobody he's dead!"  

A couple of weeks later, the farmer ran into Curtis & Leroy 
at the Piggly Wiggly grocery store and asked.
"What'd you fellers ever do with that dead mule?"
 They said,"We raffled him off like we said we wuz gonna do."
Leroy said,"Shucks, we sold 500 tickets fer 
two dollars apiece and made a profit of $998."
 The farmer said,"My Lord, didn't anyone complain?"
 Curtis said, "Well, the feller who won got upset.  
So we gave him his two dollars back."


Curtis and Leroy now work for the government.
They're overseeing the Bailout & Stimulus Programs.

Limit all U.S. politicians to two Terms.

One in office
One in prison

Thanks David !

22 comments:

  1. Sometimes a simple joke tells a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is one of your better ones. Sadly true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Limit all U.S. politicians to two Terms.

    One in office
    One in prison


    Hear, hear!

    One of my truisms about politics: "Never trust ANY politician." I learned that from one of my father' friends -- back in the 1950s. True then, true now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I read it but I don't see the joke.

    :^|

    ReplyDelete
  5. Opie, what's sad, the mule died or it's one of my better stories?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bwahahahahahahahaha. Right on the money and I like the last term being in prison too. Good one.

    Have a terrific day Odie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read it again. It still looks to be an accurate account of the Obama Administration's recruitment of two staffers to deal with the Bailout and the Stimulus. (Though all this time I thought that Biden was the Bailout Czar and later, the Stimulus Czar.)

    :^\

    ReplyDelete
  8. Except I thought that Curtis and LeRoy were black. Apparently not?

    ReplyDelete
  9. LL, the poor bastards might get laid off here shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did you find out about my third cousins Curtis and Leroy?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can someone please bail Obama out of office? My anger isn't the kind of stimulation I think he was talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Euripides, he and all of his friends should be in jail and not the White House.

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.