Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Mystic


In a dark and hazy room, peering into a crystal ball, the
           Mystic delivered grave news:

         
"There's no easy way to tell you this, so I'll just be
           blunt. Prepare yourself to be a widow. Your husband will
           die a violent and horrible death this year."
 
           Visibly shaken, Carol stared at the woman's lined face,
           then at the single flickering candle, then down at her hands.
 
           She took a few deep breaths to compose herself - and to
           stop her mind racing. She simply had to know.
 
           She met the Fortune Teller's gaze, steadied her voice and
           asked, "Will I be acquitted?"
 
          [For some reason, women tend to like this joke a lot.]
 
Thanks Hal

18 comments:

  1. That's the eternal question, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooooooo glad I didn't have any coffee in my mouth. Snort...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrienne, I even warn of that somewhere on my sidebar.

      Delete
  3. Bwahahahahahahahahaha. I didn't see that coming and I linked you to Silly Sunday again.

    Have a fabulous day Odie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandee, thank you so much. I've been running around here the last couple of months and having been keeping up with my duties.

      Delete
  4. Probably good that a lot of people can't know this detail in advance. :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Tick? Isn't that who Mr. Tick eventually marries?

    ReplyDelete
  6. More husbands than anyone realizes need to be wearing helmets and body armor around the house.

    Just like Bob when he plays Dodgeball.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. edutcher, I guess that's one of those stay tuned moments.

      Delete
  8. very funny! Now wonder husbands are known to die earlier than the wives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Z, we die of a stiff neck from looking over our shoulder.

      Delete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.