Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Belated Valentine Message


Little Thelma comes home from first grade and tells her father that

they learned about the history of Valentine's Day. And, "Since

Valentine's Day is for a Christian saint and we're Jewish," she asks,

"Will God get mad at me for giving someone a valentine?

Thelma's father thinks a bit then says "No, I don't think God would

get mad. Who do you want to give a valentine to? "the Isis group," 

she says. "Why them," her father asks in shock? "Well," 

she says, "I thought that if a little 

American Jewish girl could

have enough love to give them a valentine, they might start to think

that maybe we're not all bad, and maybe start loving people a little

bit. And if other kids saw what I did and then they sent valentines

to them, they'd love everyone a lot. And then they'd start going all

over the place telling everyone how much they loved them and how they

didn't hate anyone anymore."


Her father's heart swells and he looks at his daughter with new found 

pride.  "Thelma, that's the most wonderful thing I've ever heard."


"I know," Thelma says, "and once that gets them out in the open, 

the Marines could blow the shit out of them."

Happy Valentine's Day !

Thanks Hal !

13 comments:

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.