Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Bridge In Texas



 One day, a very gentle Texas lady was driving across a high bridge in Austin .
 
      As she neared the top of the bridge, she noticed a young man fixin’ to jump.  ("fixin" in Texas means: has the means or abilities to take action)
 
      She stopped her car, rolled down the window and said, "Please don't jump! Think of your dear mother and father."
 
      He replied, "My mom and dad are both dead; I'm going to jump."
 
      She said, "Well, think of your sweet wife and precious children."
 
      He replied, "I'm not married, and I don't have any kids."
 
      She said, "Well, then you just remember the Alamo ."
 
      He replied, ''What's the Alamo ?''
 
      She replied, ‘’Well, bless your heart!  -- You just go ahead and jump you little Yankee Democrat Bastard... You’re holding up traffic!”

Thank You Trailbee ! 

24 comments:

  1. If he doesn't jump, he's a wimp. (wimp=Yankee Democrat Bastard)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how about if we help with a little push. probably doesn't have the gonads to jump by himself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Denis. A little help is in order.

    I remember when I first moved to Houston (I was 17) and was sitting in a restaurant/bar with some friends. The band started to play Dixie and everyone stood up. I was absolutely dumbfounded and had not a clue to why they were standing.

    One of my friends started hissing, "Stand up, stand up" and picking at my sleeve. This little soon-to-be ex-Yankee became a Texan that night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Real" Texas lady would have got out of the car, and "assisted" the young man in his "activity".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwahahahahahahahaha. Yes, jump.

    Have a fabulous day Odie and thanks for the laugh. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. denis, good idea. We'll take it under advisement ... yup push!

    ReplyDelete
  7. John, I think you're right, the young lad needed a little help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that little lady! BLESS HER HEART!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marine, everyone could learn from her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even a Yankee knows the Alamo.

    It's them ignorant Lefties that don't.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gotta love a Southern Lady with the wisdom to know when to push.

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.