Thursday, January 17, 2013

We Have a Winner ~ I'd Like To Thank The Academy

 Actually I'd like to thank Mare at 
"Zille of the Resistance". She heard
all of you laugh and peeked in to
see what all the noise was about.
Below is my acceptance speech:




I would have been here much sooner, but I had to prepare my acceptance speech. Mare informed me on Facebook of this great honor, so my first reaction was to go into my Mancave and giggle like Micheal Jackson.

I have a few thank yous ... SO ... Thank you to the Academy, my Mother and Father, My wife who has been by my side for 38 years, My Son and Daughter in Law who gave birth to my new Grandson Dresden, and all the little people out there.

Most of all I would like to thank Mare for creating a new category for me, blogs with the word "Wood" in the title. Actually, Mare noticed a guy trying to give those who visit something to smile about. In this world of the pantload Obama it's a smile we all crave and need. I am honored that Mare Zilla noticed and most of all I hope laughed.

Thank You Mare!

Please visit Mare at "Zilla of the Resistance" (LINK)

22 comments:

  1. Way cool. Congratulations on winning the humor award.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Congrats Odie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly appreciate the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2T2, thanks dude. It's nice to be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! Couldn't have happened to a gooder guy! Congrats and thanks for the smiles you've given me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well deserved my friend, well deserved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are funny for sure! But I don't get around much anymore so I'm in the dark as to the meaning of the award. Never been to Mare's site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Velcro, "Gooder" being the operative word here ... 10-Q

    ReplyDelete
  9. Allison, thank you because it never would of happened without you. I believe it was you that got me into blogging in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ron, really? Well get over there. She put the "Z" in ConZervative and is among the greats in the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many congrats, sir. I know doing this every day is hard work, but it is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh they like you! They really, really like you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome job! I think you earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Edutcher, nothing of the sort. It's a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats, Odie! You deserve the award for funniest blog. Don't let it go to your head.

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.