Sunday, January 27, 2013

Fred & Edna........

Just because someone doesn't love you the way you 
want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with
all they have.....

Fred and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital. 
One day while they were walking past the hospital 
swimming pool, Fred suddenly jumped into the deep end.

He sank to the bottom of the pool and stayed there
 

Edna promptly jumped in to save him. 
She swam to the bottom and pulled him out.


When the Head Nurse/Director became aware of Edna's 
heroic act she immediately ordered her to be discharged 
from the hospital, as she now considered her to be 
mentally stable.

When she went to tell Edna the news she said, 'Edna, I have 
good news and bad news. The good news is you're being 
discharged, since you were able to rationally respond to a 
crisis by jumping in and saving the life of the person you 
love... I have concluded that your act displays sound mindedness.

The bad news is, Fred hanged  himself in the bathroom 
with his bathrobe belt right after you saved him. 
I am so sorry, but he's dead.'

Edna replied, 'He didn't hang himself, I put him there to dry...

How soon can I go home?'

Thanks Nominedeus

26 comments:

  1. ha....ha ha ................ha. the rat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dated a Edna once,but only once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahahahahahahaha. This is a good one and then some.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got me again...I didn't see it coming and this is a good one!

    Thanks for the laugh and Happy Silly Sunday!

    Have a great evening! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandee, nothing but the best for my visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh. Happy Silly Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makes perfect sense to me. LOL! At least he won't catch a death of cold. hahahha!

    Happy Silly Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Old folks just cannot hide their true feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lauren, We'd make a great pair in that place. It made perfect sense to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha ha ha that was awesome Odie :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Giving a new meaning to the old expression "hung out to dry"! Fred found out that the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Or to put into present day context, Jesus saves and Obama taketh away. Thanks for the laugh buddy---in need of a pick-me-up! In need of some good ole Southern Comfort, but rode that horse for the last time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2T2, this was from my iPhone. I'm so confused.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good One Odie. No good news. She stays.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Teresa, I'm still hanging around with Edna.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Edna looks very much like Betty White.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dick, or Betty White looks a lot like Edna.

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.