Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Bear, the Bridge and God!

This bridge is on the Old Donner Pass Highway .
It has a spectacular view of Donner Lake and
Donner Pass on Route 40.
(Down the road from me.) 
A bear was walking across Rainbow Bridge ( Old Hwy 40 at
Donner Summit , Truckee ) on Saturday when two cars, also
crossing the bridge, scared the bear into jumping over the
edge of the bridge. Somehow the bear caught the ledge
and was able to pull itself to safety. Authorities decided
that nothing could be done to help Saturday night so they
returned Sunday morning to find the bear sound asleep on
the ledge.

After securing a net under the bridge the bear was tranquilized,
fell into the net, lowered, then woke up and walked out of the net.

There is a moral to this story; this old bear made
a wrong move and found he was hanging by his nails. Somehow
he was able to pull himself up onto the ledge where he saw he
was in a very bad, impossible situation and what did he do?
Yep, he took a nap and sure enough, God took care of the
situation while he was asleep.

The moral of the story is that when confronted with a bad
situation, sometimes the best solution is to take a nap and
let God take care of the rest.

I think I'm going to take a nap right now.
God is on the job.
Hugs, Prayers and Sweet Dreams to our Bunni !

Thanks David !

28 comments:

  1. Great story with a good ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randy, the funny thing is it happened just down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once I calmed my impending panic attack (I don't like heights and even viewing pics like this my chest starts to tighten - a lot!) the story brought tears to my eyes.

    The kindness and ingenuity of people sometimes is overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adrienne, I've stood on that bridge many a time. The view of Donner Lake is breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.

    That's a lot of effort for a bear-skin rug. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story Odie.

    You live in some beautiful real-estate there, just too bad about the politicians though in CA.

    Nap time,,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good story with a happy ending.

    Hugs, prayers and sweet dreams to our Bunni too!

    Have a terrific Silly Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brooke, it was, but it sure keeps my floor warm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christopher, politicians can ruin anything anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great story!

    BTW, how close is that bridge to all what happened with and to the Donner Party back in the 19th Century? Isn't there some kind of memorial nearby?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can hear the bear telling his wife, "No, honey, I swear I haven't had a drink since last weekend when we went to Yogi and BooBoo's party".

    ReplyDelete
  12. AOW, The bridge is at the west end of Donner Lake and the Memorial is at the east end. They are about 2 miles apart. The Donner party probably walked under where the bridge is ... or where they let the bear go.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good thinking, David. I took a few winks during the football game today. Our Texans won without me.

    Jim's Silly Sunday stuff.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jim, welcome aboard. Are you my neighbor?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Odie. Not a real neighbor but yes, a blogging neighbor.
    Thank you for peeking in on me.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing story. Thanks for linking it up at Silly Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too bad i can't take a 4 year nap!
    I agree with others - a great story with a good ending. God bless Bunni...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Someone watches out for stupid bears...and people too I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Something good can ofter come from the very worse event! Hope is alive and doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Scott, watch out for our bear league, they're dangerous.

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.