#7 I had an uncle who taught me to climb when I was a teenager. I had a pair of lineman boots that I wore while riding my motorcycle. I was stationed in Biloxi MS when Katrina hit. The day after I wore the only dry uniform I had, camo BDU, with my climbing boots. The rest of the AF was still wearing the green pickle uniform but my home unit was a Joint unit so we wore BDU's. When the powers that be saw my boots I got tasked with telephone line repair. I had no idea what I was doing but I did manage to get some phone lines back up. I was there being re-trained as a telephone switch maintenance tech.
Tsquared, Then you became a "Switchman"? I was trained in ArmySignal Corps then I got on with AT&T after Vietnam. I was a cable splicer with then for 30 years.
It's my understanding that Paul Anka, Carol King, Paul Simon and some other songwriters of the 1960's and 1970's went to Brooklyn High School of the Performing Arts. They kept their friendships as their fame grew.
#3... only the inverse 15 days to slow the spread Warp speed vaccine clot shot Signed the CARES act which pushed respirators and remdesivir to end it quickly. $500 million to the Palantir police state Tariffs passed on to every American By the numbers the most devastating depression of all time
I was born poor white in the 50s in California last by 6 years, we were working at 4 years old, and when each of us graduated HS we were shown the door to find life. The pix of the telephone guy on the pole is part of what I did for 4 years to pay for college and live as I worked for the phone company and first did house installs and repairs in Watts then cable work in Watts. Now most phone,] and media companies just use ladders for poles and I would not think that is not as safe. JG
Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.
** Anonymous, please use a name at the end of your comment. You're all starting to look alike.
*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.
#7 I had an uncle who taught me to climb when I was a teenager. I had a pair of lineman boots that I wore while riding my motorcycle. I was stationed in Biloxi MS when Katrina hit. The day after I wore the only dry uniform I had, camo BDU, with my climbing boots. The rest of the AF was still wearing the green pickle uniform but my home unit was a Joint unit so we wore BDU's. When the powers that be saw my boots I got tasked with telephone line repair. I had no idea what I was doing but I did manage to get some phone lines back up. I was there being re-trained as a telephone switch maintenance tech.
ReplyDeleteTsquared, Then you became a "Switchman"? I was trained in ArmySignal Corps then I got on with AT&T after Vietnam. I was a cable splicer with then for 30 years.
DeleteIt's my understanding that Paul Anka, Carol King, Paul Simon and some other songwriters of the 1960's and 1970's went to Brooklyn High School of the Performing Arts. They kept their friendships as their fame grew.
ReplyDeleteJohn, thanks for the info.
Delete#3... only the inverse
ReplyDelete15 days to slow the spread
Warp speed vaccine clot shot
Signed the CARES act which pushed respirators and remdesivir to end it quickly.
$500 million to the Palantir police state
Tariffs passed on to every American
By the numbers the most devastating depression of all time
I was born poor white in the 50s in California last by 6 years, we were working at 4 years old, and when each of us graduated HS we were shown the door to find life. The pix of the telephone guy on the pole is part of what I did for 4 years to pay for college and live as I worked for the phone company and first did house installs and repairs in Watts then cable work in Watts. Now most phone,] and media companies just use ladders for poles and I would not think that is not as safe.
ReplyDeleteJG
OSHA got involved and now "Big Brother" is taking care of the ignorant and helpless weenies.
DeleteAnka wrote a lot of hits, not least of which was the Tonight Show theme.
ReplyDeleteAnd don't mess with that last lady.