Sunday, September 6, 2026

Happy Funday ~ The Babylon Bee and AI

 

12 comments:

  1. "AI data centers" are both less horrendous than they've been made out to be, and also much more sinister than they 've been described. The only difference betweenan AI data center, and a data center built 30 years ago, is the age of the building and its location.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a lot of money building Teleports and Data Centers. It is the same architecture but there are more processor banks and a lot more fiber than cables. I think surveillance is a big part of it. I saw a data center expanded in a high dollar area as all areas the 96 Olympics had anything going was on camera and archived months before the opening ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wondered about the average amount of land needed and why instead of spreading out why can't the build multi stories date centers?
    Edge data centers: Need 1.5 to 10 acres. Standard data centers: Need 10 to 40 acres on average. This space holds the main building, cooling units, and backup generators. AI and Hyperscale campuses: Need 200 to 800+ acres. Massive tech companies build these large plots for future growth and huge power needs.
    I read they do build up instead of spreading but cannot find a pic anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracious, no! Why waste a good virgin? Do you think we are primitive or something?
      Brown.

      Delete
    2. Brown, HUH? Do you mean the preceding comment?

      Delete
  4. Does anyone actually believe that a real AI would answer such questions honestly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dan, of course .... We did hear it on the internet. It must be true.

      Delete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

** Anonymous, please use a name at the end of your comment. You're all starting to look alike.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.