This resilient doe, who lost her leg during hunting season a few years ago is a shining example of survival and love. With the support of our neighborhood that keeps a close eye on her and a little extra TLC she has flourished and thrived! Although her fawns disappearance from last year suggested the harsh realities of nature, this year she gave birth to another baby and then adopted two orphaned twins, showing her strong maternal instinct. She is single-hoofingly raising her three adorable babies, teaching us about the true meaning of love and perseverance. I feel blessed to have captured this photo of her beautiful family.
Monday, September 21, 2026
Awww Monday Woodsterman Style ~ 470 A
This resilient doe, who lost her leg during hunting season a few years ago is a shining example of survival and love. With the support of our neighborhood that keeps a close eye on her and a little extra TLC she has flourished and thrived! Although her fawns disappearance from last year suggested the harsh realities of nature, this year she gave birth to another baby and then adopted two orphaned twins, showing her strong maternal instinct. She is single-hoofingly raising her three adorable babies, teaching us about the true meaning of love and perseverance. I feel blessed to have captured this photo of her beautiful family.
10 comments:
Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.
** Anonymous, please use a name at the end of your comment. You're all starting to look alike.
*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hello, Deer.
ReplyDeleteedutcher, HI!
DeleteThanks for sharing that cool picture. We've got several sets of twins on our road and my neighbor saw a doe (four legs of course) with triplets. I have seen more dear this fall around here than ever.
ReplyDeleteJeffery, Here too.
DeleteA deer had its leg severely broken in a car accident. I witnessed the aftermath and several neighbors thanked me for getting it proper treatment. The sheriff's department came out, shot it between the eyes, and gave me a hunting tag so I could put it in my freezer.
ReplyDeleteAnon, how many are you hitting next year?
DeleteThat's nice photo.
DeleteA man up the road from me hit a big stag outside my place a couple of years ago. I suspect he has no intention of a repeat given the car was a shambles and the animal got up and bounced off into my roadside trees. I live in an urban area that backs onto bush (I live in New Zealand hence the term "bush").
I'm tempted to call one down onto my lawn from my spa pool during the mating season - they are very close but generally stay out of sight while people are active. I'm not sure what I'd do if one obliges me.
Awww, so beautiful. You always make me smile.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Odie. ♥
Sandee, well thank Yee.
DeleteThat doe and her little ones are great!
ReplyDelete