Sunday, May 21, 2017

The Toast



John O'Reilly hoisted his beer and said, "Here's to spending the rest of me Life, between the legs of me wife!"

That won him the top prize at the local pub for the best toast of the night!

He went home and said to his wife, Mary, "I won the prize for the Best toast of the night."

She said, "Aye, did ye now. And what exactly was your toast?"

John said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life, sitting in church beside me wife."

"Oh, that is so very nice indeed, John!” Mary said.

The next day, Mary ran into one of John's drinking buddies on a street corner.  The man chuckled leeringly and said, "John won the prize the other night at the pub with a toast about you, Mary."

She responded, "Aye, he told me, and I was a bit surprised myself. You know, he's only been in there twice in the last four years. Once I had to pull him by the ears to make him come, and the other time he fell asleep."


Thanks David

10 comments:

  1. Oldie but a goodie.

    As are we all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! Have a wonderful day, Odie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. edutcher, sometimes we have to relive the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oldie, still funny. Have a great Sunday, blessed be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwahahahahahahahaha. That didn't quite turn out like the husband would have liked with his buddies.

    I linked this post to Silly Sunday.

    Have a fabulous day, Odie. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.