Friday, March 6, 2015

Florida . . . . .



Florida

“A Florida senior citizen drove his brand new Corvette convertible 

out of the dealership. Taking off down the road, he pushed it to 
80 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little hair he 
had left. "Amazing,” he thought as he flew down I-95, pushing 
the pedal even more.

Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a Florida State Trooper, 

blue lights flashing and siren blaring. He floored it to 100 mph, 
then 110, then 120. Suddenly he thought, “What am I doing? 
I’m too old for this!” and pulled over to await the trooper’s arrival.

Pulling in behind him, the trooper got out of his vehicle and 

walked up to the Corvette. He looked at his watch, then said,
 “Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can 
give me a new reason for speeding – a reason I’ve never before 
heard – I’ll let you go..”

The old gentleman paused then said, “Three years ago, my wife 

ran off with a Florida State Trooper. 
I thought you were bringing her back.”

“Have a good day, Sir,” replied the trooper.


Thank You Andrea Shea-King at Facebook.

12 comments:

  1. No trooper in his right mind would issue a 'revenue coupon' after hearing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta hand to the old feller. That was a clever excuse. Have a great weekend Odie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahahahahahahahaha. Yep, don't mess with old men. They are very crafty.

    Have a fabulous Friday Odie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you told that one to Mrs Odie?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharp ole coot! I would have never been so lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.