Thursday, September 19, 2013

Senior Drivers



No Longer
Need Drivers Licenses 

My neighbor was working in his yard when he was startled by a 1980's white 4-door sedan that came crashing through his hedge and ended up in his front lawn.

He rushed to help an elderly lady driver out of the car and sat her down on a lawn chair.

He said with excitement, "You appear quite elderly to be driving."

"Well, yes, I am," she replied proudly. "I'll be 97 next month, and I am now old enough that I don't even need a driver's license anymore."
 
"You don't need a driver's license anymore?!?"

"That's right! The last time I went to my doctor, he examined me and asked if I had a driver's license. I told him 'yes' and handed it to him. He took scissors out of the drawer, cut it into pieces, and threw them in the waste basket, saying, 'You won't need this anymore'.  So I thanked him and left!"
 
 
Thanks Dan !

24 comments:

  1. I thought it was normal to park in the neighbors yard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were young and and drunk and crashed through somebody's yard, they'd want to kick your butt. When you're old, they just cluck their tongues (while you're laughing inside).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hedge needed trimming anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bwahahahahahahaha. Well he should have been more specific. I'm just saying.

    Have a terrific day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am getting my eyes checked soon...So I can keep a better eye out for these ELDERS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister-in-law already drives like that, and she's only in her 40s. Gawd help us all if she makes it into her 90s!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, boy, I've met a few like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn you mean I have to have a driver's license---thought when I reached 65 those days were over, just like the hunting license thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandee, so it's OK because you might not understand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Admiral, I've been watching you and you're there. Welcome aboard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Inno, I feel her pain. Where the hell have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  12. In my wild and misspent youth, one job I had was taking the driver's license photos.

    If you knew how unfit some people are to drive (and they ain't all old), you wouldn't live within 50 miles of a road.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that I see several seniors without drivers licenses every day around here -- especially during the "off hours" of weekdays (not so much on weekends).

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.