Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Tax Season!!!

The end of the tax year, the IRS office sent an inspector to audit the books
of a local hospital. While the IRS agent was checking the books he turned to
the CFO of the hospital and said, "I notice you buy a lot of bandages. What
do you do with the end of the roll when there's too little left to be of any
use?"

"Good question," noted the CFO. "We save them up and send them back to the
bandage company and every now and then they send us a free box of bandages."
"Oh," replied the auditor, somewhat disappointed that his unusual question
had a practical answer. But on he went, in his obnoxious way.

"What about all these plaster purchases? What do you do with what's left
over after setting a cast on a patient?" "Ah, yes," replied the CFO,
realizing that the inspector was trying to trap him with an unanswerable
question. "We save it and send it back to the manufacturer, and every now
and then they send us a free package of plaster." "I see," replied the
auditor, thinking hard about how he could fluster the know-it-all CFO.

"Well," he went on, "What do you do with all the leftover foreskins from the
circumcisions you perform?" "Here, too, we do not waste," answered the CFO.
"What we do is save all the little foreskins and send them to the IRS
Office, and about once a year they send us a complete dick.


Thanks David ....

12 comments:

  1. Hee Hee! Where do you source your material Odie?

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter Lady, I get most of these from my Brother-in-Law David.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That my friend was hysterical!!! Great one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Friday chuckle, Odie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Allison, I've been waiting to hear from you. Keep the doors locked, these guys are right behind the census takers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Opie, I knew you would like this description of an IRS agent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snarky, Thanks for the opportunity the air against "Guest" at your blog. I had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great joke, Odie.... taxmen are the same whether IRS or HMRC.... or anywhere else in the world.... all of them bastards to a man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are a greedy bunch in the name of big brother, Spidey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was very funny! You've reminded me, I have to get started on my taxes at some point, ick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bunni, yes, tis the season to be jolly, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax. Start that business I was talking about.

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.