Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Woman

A woman died and arrived at the Gates of Heaven.

While she was waiting for Saint Peter to greet her, she peeked through the gates. She saw a beautiful banquet table. Sitting all around were her parents and all the other people she had loved and who had died before her.  
They saw her and began calling greetings to her.
" Hello - How are you! We've been waiting for you! Good to see you."
When Saint Peter came by, the woman said to him, "This is such a wonderful place! How do I get in?"

"You have to spell a word," Saint Peter told her."Which word?" the woman asked. "Love."
The woman correctly spelled 'Love', and Saint Peter welcomed her into Heaven. About a year later, Saint Peter came to the woman and asked her to watch the Gates of Heaven for him that day.
While the woman was guarding the Gates of Heaven, her husband arrived.
I'm surprised to see you," the woman said. "How have you been?"

"Oh, I've been doing pretty well since you died," her husband told her. " I married the beautiful young nurse who took care of you while you were ill. And then I won the multi-state lottery. I sold the little house you and I lived in and bought a huge mansion. And my wife and I traveled all around the world. We were on vacation in Cancun and I went water skiing today. I fell and hit my head, and here I am. What a bummer!  How do I get in?"     
"You have to spell a word," the woman told him.





"Which word?" her husband asked.  
" Czechoslovakia ."

6 comments:

  1. That was great, Odie!! Thanks for the morning cheer. We need all the laughs that we can get with all this gloom and doom being forced upon us. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, that is cute!
    I also loved your golfing squirrel gif you
    put in my comment thingy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes Opie, everyone gets a chance to get even one day.

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.